We invite proposals from around the world for presentation at the XVIIIth International Oral History Association. Proposals may be for a conference paper, a thematic panel or a workshop session. Offers to convene a Special Interest Group are also sought. Proposals will be evaluated according to their oral history focus, relevance to the conference theme and sub-themes, methodological and theoretical significance, and sound scholarship. Participants are encouraged to incorporate voice, image, and digital media in their presentations.
If you are interested in participating, please send us a single page proposals including an outline of your paper and the following details:
- Name (with your family name in CAPITAL letters).
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone and fax numbers
- Relevant sub-theme
- Whether an individual paper, a thematic panel, a workshop proposal, or a performance.*
- Suggestions for Special Interest Groups**
* Individual papers will be grouped by conference organizers into panels or workshops with papers that have a similar focus.
Thematic panels should contain no more than four presenters, preferably representing different countries.
Workshop proposals should identify an issue or focus for a workshop, proposal a structure and workshop leader(s).
Performance segments of no more than 30 minutes from oral history based performances.
**Special Interest Groups can be organized to meet, establish contacts, share resources and ideas. Conveners will be required to organize each Special Interest Group. Suggestions and offers are invited.
Master Classes will be conducted before the conference by internationally recognized oral history practitioners.
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2013
- By November 15, 2013: acceptance or rejection of proposals
- By April 30, 2014: receipt of papers for publication on conference CD-ROM
Send proposals to:
- English language: Don Ritchie email@example.com
- Spanish language: Carles Santacana firstname.lastname@example.org